Sunday, June 14, 2009

Loose Ends

Things are finally starting to come together.
After returning from Gold Cup 2 weeks ago I had a form over haul it seemed. I lost back tension during anchor, in turn shooting a week shot with fingers instead of back.
It was tough, I have to admit, to change my process after doing so well in NJ. But I will always listen to the coach, no matter what. I bared it all, sometimes barley. I shot blank bail for a week straight even at the Olympic Training Center. I tried a couple times last Sunday to shoot distance, but it was awful, haha... I went back to blank bail after 2 ends.
This past Thursday was still tough, but I did what I had to do and came prepared to get it right on Saturday. And, you know what, I think I did. I got a compliment from Coach Guy that really went a long ways. He's tough in practice, so I took his words well. Thanks.
With some renewed spirit on Saturday, by the time Sunday Shooting rolled around I was ready to kill it at 70m. I would say I did a pretty good job, averaging 45-50. Not to shabby my first time shooting 70m with new form. It will all come together soon enough, I can already tell.
I must, I must maintain back tension.

Focus Today...Succeed Tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment