Friday, October 9, 2009

It's OFFICIAL Training at the Olympic Training Center


As previously mentioned I qualified this year for Top 20 (#17) in the USA for Woman's Olympic Recurve.
After qualifying I applied to shoot at the Olympic Training Center as an "Official Athlete" with aspirations of making it to the 2012 Olympics in London. I was APPROVED on October 5th and started my new training the next day. Can you believe it, WOW!!!
This feat is amazing, my journey thus far has been short, and to think that I have made it this far is unbelievable. I've seen how much hard work the Resident Athletes have put into there 10+ years of training. Then there's me, I picked up a recurve bow for the first time in my life 1 year ago. Nobody and I mean Nobody can diminish the efforts or time spent of anyone else in this sport. Archery is difficult, more then difficult it's a LOT of hard work, sore muscles and even frustration. Had it not been for the Coaching staff at the Road Runner Archery Club, especially Coach Kisik Lee I would never have progressed so quickly. I still have a lot of work to be able to qualify for the Olympics in 2012, but I promise I will give my All to be my All. 
I hope everyone understands that the privilege I hold I will cherish and embrace with all my being.
Thank you!

Focus Today...Succeed Tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment