Sunday, April 26, 2009

Wind! awe come on....


Is anyone reading this from the College Station area of Texas? If so tell me, is it always this windy??? Its was crazy windy everyday at every part of the day, not just the afternoon.
In these winds, no one can shoot super duper fantastic scores, imho.
Grrr...My scores in Texas were less then Arizona Cup, not something I'm used to. This is the first time I did not increase my scores. Was it the wind, or is that an excuse. I really wished I could have stepped up my game while others were faltering in the wind. It is like me to shoot well and I expect to see that regardless of conditions :) . No pressure, right, lol.
So updates. I shot a 236/360 and 243/360 those numbers put me in the middle of the pack at 17th, not bad, but not good.
I shot Team Rounds with 2 Resident Athletes - 70m. We ended up with 3rd Bronze Medal, not bad I'm always happy to win medals, its nice.
So the big day has come and passed (well the shooting at least). Olympic Rounds was this morning and I put a lot of pressure on myself to shoot qualifying scores. I needed to shoot qualifying scores this tournament or I would'nt make Top 20 USA this year.
It was my time to shoot and I cant believe I'm actually saying this,but I got nervous in my legs, yep legs, my quads started to tingle and sort of shake, absoultly crazy. I dont get nervous anymore I said to myself, it didn't mater though it was there. My first 2 arrows were uck, but I pulled myself together and said to myself "you HAVE to shoot good shots here, keep your bow arm strong and follow through on that shot no matter what, you have to do this" and I DID. I didn't get a great score, but it was good enough to qualify, a 73 which is 3.4 pts higher then lowest qualifying score. This score would put me at 16 or 17 out of 20. No worries though, because in my next tournament in New Jersey I'm gonna rock a score over 80 for sure.


*I want to thank my bf for his constructive criticism he gave me yesterday. Initially I didn't totally agree, but last night it really sunk in and I appreciate and respect the opinion and truly believe it gave me the kick in the rear I needed to succeed.

Focus Today...Succeed Tomorrow
Today I focused on finishing what I came here to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment