Monday, May 11, 2009

First Place - 20m Saturday May 9th at OTC

I took first place this past weekend at the Olympic Training Center, Road Runner Archery Tournament. I win is a win, right...no, I don't think so in this case. I won, yes, but not the way I wanted to. I shot a 679/720, but this same distance 2months ago I shot a 696/720. I was completely off my game this weekend, both mental and physical.
I can give you all the excuses, would've, should of, could of out there, but it wont change the outcome. Just for the heck of it I'll list a few :) I went up in bow weight by 1.25lbs last week. My focus was on how heavy the bow was and how I couldn't pull the string back (very bad mental game) I know better then this, I know not to think like this, but in all honesty the environment was not conducive to this. I was incredibly starved due to the late start-11am and late finish-3:30pm. Ahh, you know what...I was going to continue on, but this is not productive. Instead I will suck it up to a learning experience and make sure that regardless of my situation, bow weight or surroundings I will shoot my best.
okay...all done...thanks for reading.

Focus Today...Succeed Tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment