Monday, February 16, 2009

Brain waves

You want to do what? ...Measure my brain waves while shooting. Amesome! I've heard about this being done for professional athletes, but me, whoa that's so cool.
A gentleman by the name of Dr. Lee and an unnamed assistant came to the Olympic Training Center to measure the brainwaves for focus and relaxation of the athletes while shooting. (Bad sentence, but too late to keep adjusting). My turn came late in the day after wading shin deep in water. Yep, water, it rains an inch in SD and the whole county floods. Okay back on topic. I had a band put on my head with attachments to my ears, forehead and back of head. It started with me seating down being asked a serious of questions, blink, deep breath, etc. Next was a focus test, I had to watch a guage on Dr Lee's laptop and make the guage needle reach 100, after a couple of attempts I succussfully held the needle at 100 for over 10secs. (Very good I hear). After this test it was onto shooting. My focus on the shot or attention on what I was doing was 100 on almost all my shots (also very good), my relaxtion was at about 60-65, which isn't too bad. The relaxtion they say comes with confidence in my ability, which will come with more mental trainig and time.
What a cool day. I feel so privilaged to be able to experience such wonderful training methods. Thank you Coach Lee for allowing me to experience this.

Focus Today...Succeed Tomorrow
Tomorrow my focus will be my bow arm, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment