Sunday, February 22, 2009

Olympic Training Center Scores

An afternoon at the OTC goes a little something like this.
Stretch
Stretch band work (mock shooting)
Shoot
Stretch

Today I shot 70m for what was probably my 10th time EVER. I surprised myself and scored decent averaging 46/60. You see I'm kind of in a weird place this week. I'm shooting 18m indoors this weekend at the National Indoor Championships. That tournament ranks me to see if I qualify for USAT 2010 (US Archery Team). Here's the kicker 9 days after that tournament I have to shoot Baja (Mexico) to see if I can qualify to shoot Olympic Rounds to then see if I am in the top 20 US Women. All of this is necessary for me to be able to shoot at the Olympic Training Center full time and to obtain sponsorship. So its imperative that I practice distance shooting outdoors. 30/50/60/70 but when that's the kicker.
My scores are where they need to be, its just so nerve wracking. Even now when I'm shooting at the OTC and multiple people come over to watch me I get nervous.
I need to work on my mental game, seriously. I need to keep my confidence high.

Focus Today...Succeed Tomorrow
Tomorrow I will focus on me and not the target.

No comments:

Post a Comment