Monday, March 16, 2009

Mexican Grand Prix w/ a surprise at the end...


Success!
Success can be viewed in many ways. I believe I succeeded in Baja this past week, regardless of the scores I put down. I shot my first FITA, my first International Tournament, my first Outdoor Tournament, Shot my first Olympic Round and shot my first Team Olympic Round ever this week. I accomplished all of this with out stress, nerves or distress. :) My mental game has come far quickly and I am very proud of myself.
I am extremely grateful to Coach Kisik Lee, Coach Guy and Mrs. Lee for coaching this week during the tournament. There words of guidance did not fall of deaf ears and I learned a lot during the past week and look forward to shooting good for them in the future.
For those of you who dont know I shot a FITA and OR this week. A FITA is 70, 60, 50, 30 meters and OR or Olympic Rounds is 70 meters, 12 arrow match. I have not shot 50, 60, 70 meters more then 5 times in my entire life, so these distances were very new to me and I LOVED it. Distance shooting is awesome, it felt so freeing, the "stress" I felt during my indoor shoots was gone (18m). It was so much fun.

Your ready for the surprise everyone? Here it is...
My schedule went like this in Mexico.
Weds- Opening Ceremony (where I got to walk in USA processional as member of USA) and Open practice
Thurs- 70 and 60 meters
Fri- 50 and 30 meters
Sat- 70 Meter OR rounds
Sun- Sunday is for Team rounds, naturally not coming into Mexico thinking i was apart of a team, but that I was shooting as me, i thought that Sunday I would just watch the RA's shoot in teams for Team USA. On Saturday night i was informed that they were going to create a 2nd USA Women's Team and that I was going to be apart of it.
GUESS WHAT!!! We took a Bronze Medal for 3rd Place in Olympic Team Rounds. Great Job Team. My first arrow was a X, and I shot the best I had shot during the entire tournament. What a great end to a wonderful week. I love shooting and cant wait to shoot again.*shout out to Kristin who rocked it this week in BAJA, she was by far the best shooter this week! Good Job Kristin, you make me want to succeed even more.
Focus Today...Succeed Tomorrow
Today I will focus on my string hand finger position.

No comments:

Post a Comment