Monday, January 5, 2009

First Competition November 22, 08 - First Prize

YEAH! First Place, how exciting and at my first competition. I scored a 534 out of 600. I really feel I could have shot a lot higher then that if I had the site (equip. piece) I have now. During the competition it was being held from falling down on my bow with a rubber band. Yep I said rubber band, and instead of it holding it from falling it was actually slowly moving my site up, which changes where the arrow goes. The difference between a 9 and 10. Oh well, I did the best I could regardless of the equipment "issues". It was so much fun and exhilarating, I was so excited to participate and a little bit nervous in the beginning, but the butterflies subsided very quickly.
I have pictures of the ceremony and the medal and plaque I got. I'm smiling just thinking about it. I will reserve a special place in the house for my future awards to share. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment