Sunday, January 11, 2009

Training this Weekend at Road Runner Archery

This weekend was very productive. I spent 3/4 of Saturday working on Form and technique with a light bow and stretch band. By the time I was ready to practice technique on my bow it felt so heavy that I couldn't get the proper form and control at that weight. We knocked the poundage to 31 from 33.5, at that point I was able to pull it back, but only with significant breaks in between.

On Sunday I started the morning off with a 2 hour, maybe 8 mile hike up/down the mountain behind Mountain Hawk Park. After the hike I headed to Archery. Apparently a good nights rest under my belt helped because I was able to pull my bow back with out much issue that afternoon. My focus wasn't spot on, mostly in part to the Chargers Playoff game being on the radio next to me :). I don't think some of the coaches liked the distraction that brought about. I will have to buckle down this week and really work on getting a feel for the technique and I should have it under control soon enough.

Coach Guy took some good before and after video this weekend of my shoulder/back tension position and release I will post them shortly.

Pictures from Hike.

Focus today...Succeed Tomorrow
My focus today is my form with a release that shows conviction. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment