Monday, January 12, 2009

Monday Monday Monday

Start the morning off with Endurance SPT's with the proper full loading for 25 mins.
Morning- Shoot form until lunch at 18 meters
Afternoon- Run outdoors for 30 mins
Late Afternoon- 1 hr boot camp class, Circuit weight training
Evening- 50 arrows and 30 mins SPT Power and Strength. "Draw from the Set-Up to the Holding position; Holding must include Transfer and Loading like in a normal shot. Hold for 3 - 5 seconds and let down, but only as far down as the Set-up, then draw straight back to the anchor position and, again, include Transfer and Loading. Do this 5 -12 times for 3 - 5 sets, depending on current strength. Rest period between sets 3 - 5 minutes - Ensure that proper alignment and form is maintained" http://kslinternationalarchery.com/Training/SPTs/SPTs.html

Focus Today...Succeed Tomorrow
My focus today is my release.

* I notice my head pulling back a little when I'm expanding. I also notice I "expand" by moving my elbow up instead of back, at least once. I worked on correcting these after I reviewed these videos. I also noticed if I hold my right pinkie finger in a particular position it hits my jugular vain, which tells me I've loaded properly (i hope, coaches will need to review first)
Camera is charging I will have more vids tomorrow showing these corrections from 3 angles.

No comments:

Post a Comment