Thursday, January 8, 2009

First Day back at Road Runner Archery


It's hard to put into words how I felt today. I was counting down the hours (subtly of course). Sometimes I feel silly, it's like I was blindsided, I never saw this coming, Archery.
I haven't felt a passion for something like this since I first started my career in technology. For the last 5yrs I've been living my life without a "drive", but I didn't know or feel like I was missing anything. Then Archery came along and I have a drive now, something I didn't expect, something I wasn't looking for. I think Archery fills a gap for me that most of us don't know exists until we discover that one thing that really, really drives us to succeed in life.
I don't know how else to say it, maybe my point isn't coming across. What I do know is that I feel a fire inside that I don't want to extinguish. I hope everyone feels this way about something in there life. I'm grateful and thankful for the opportunity to experience hope.

*Okay, off the mushy topic
Thank you TyTy for staying late and fletching my arrows.
My first day back at RAC shooting wasnt a smooth as I was envisioning, but was great non the less. As it turns out I wasn't loading enough during my break (4wk) practices. So I spent the greater part of club time working on loading. This is exactly the type of stuff I like to learn while at the OTC, this will give me the opportunity to work this into my home practice schedule.

So, back to the grind tomorrow. I will do 30 mins of Endurance SPT tonight, using the correct loading. :) Thanks Tyler S. for pointing that out. I know I can kick the potential habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment