Friday, January 2, 2009

How it started


An advert in my community newsletter had a small column about an Archery Club forming at the Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista, CA. Having tried Archery for a couple of months in High School and somewhat remembering that I enjoyed it, I thought it might be something I would enjoy during my free time.
It was mid-September 08 the first time I shot a recurve bow at the Olympic Training Center. That first day was an overview of the Archery Program and the Clubs expectations. They permitted those interested to shoot a couple of arrows. I was the oldest person there, who wasn't a parent of a child who wanted to shoot. Putting awkwardness aside I put on my best face of confidence and shot my first Recurve bow. Whew, how exciting I thought, but as the 9 and 10 year old's around me were squirming around wanting to shoot i decided it best to take a step back and just watch.
Looking back, I'm really surprised I went to the Olympic Training Center (OTC) Archery Club that first day, from the minute I pulled up, I was an anomaly in my yet to be known quest.

No comments:

Post a Comment