Monday, January 5, 2009

Monday's Practice

This Thursday is the first day back after break, so I'm kicked my training into full gear this past weekend.
Today I started with...
Morning- off with SPT (Specific Physical Training).
I'm working on Endurance SPT for 30 mins. "The bow is drawn in the normal manner, using correct technique, but without an arrow; hold for 30 seconds. The rest time, between each repetition, should be double the "Hold Time"; e.g. hold for 30 seconds then rest time will be double this or 60 seconds. - Duration 30 minutes.
This exercise must be done with proper form, incorporating aiming, otherwise bow will move all over place when fatigue starts to set in." http://kslinternationalarchery.com/Training/SPTs/SPTs.html
Mid-morning- I shot 100 arrows in the garage at 15 meters. (One & half hours)
Afternoon- Gym for shoulders, Lats and cardio.
This Evening I intend to shoot another 25 (4 ends) or so arrows and an additional 30 mins of SPT training.

Focus Today...Succeed Tomorrow
**I worked on my hand position on the bow today. It's starting to make more sense on how to "hold"/palm the bow for more consistent shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment